Go Back   NutriQuiz Forums > Exercise & Fitness > Fitness Training

Old 01-27-2008, 05:16 PM

Being well hydrated will help avoid problems associated with dieting for weight loss, like the formation of stones in the gall bladder or kidneys, but is doesn't seem that drinking ice cold water would cause the body to burn enough extra calories to use as a dieting aid.

Has anyone seen a study supporting the theory behind drinking ice water?

Last edited by SageMother; 02-02-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:05 PM

I haven't tried it myself, but I have thought about it. I have a sinus related problem that drinking iced water on a regular basis would compound.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:43 PM

Ouch. It hardly seems worth your time, and the torture, for you to experiment!

I think drinking Green Tea works on a fluid displacement level too. With the fluid in the stomach you don't feel hungry, so perhaps that aspect of drinking water would work, as opposed to drinking the ice cold water.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 PM

Yeah, I will take others word for it for the time being. I do much drinking throughout the day and I do feel less hungry as a result.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM

I have never heard of that, now I do like to drink ice cold water right after my workouts as they cool me down quicker. That is something I will need to find out more about.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 PM

It is not useful to lose weight by drinking ice cold water. To loss weight there is require warm water which is helpful to increase the digestion power which is good for health.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 AM

Yes, I have heard that supermodels drink ice cold water to help their slimming regime! I drink water whenever I feel hungry, and a lot of the time it actually stops me wanting food!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:07 PM

Yes, I have heard that supermodels drink ice cold water to help their slimming regime! I drink water whenever I feel hungry, and a lot of the time it actually stops me wanting food!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:43 AM

Your body has to burn calories (or fat) in order to heat the ice cold water back up to your body temperature. Water is really essential for our body, as it helps to remove dirt from our body, iI think that drinking plenty of cold water may help you to loss your weight.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 PM

For anyone trying to lose weight, this question is a most interesting! If you just want to know if your body burns calories warming the water, the answer is yes.The logic as the body requires more energy to heat the cold water that you drink up to normal body temperature when it is absorbed into the bloodstream.