Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 PM

Default Strangest Diets

What are some of the strangest diets that you have seen most recently? Is there anything that has particularly stood out to you?

I remember hearing about a chocolate diet about a month ago, but I really can't remember what exactly it was comprised of. It did make me wonder what it would be like to be on an all chocolate diet though.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:51 AM

I'm not a real big fan of chocolate so a chocolate wouldn't work so well for me. I actually think the whole carb free thing is just not realistic. Carbs are a very important part of any diet. You just have to learn not to overdo.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:35 PM

I think that the no carb diets are pretty ridiculous myself. I remember my mom going through the Atkins phase, and I was trying to get her to stop because it's just completely unhealthy to cut out an entire food group from your diet.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:31 PM

Default strangest diets

The strangest diet that I ever tried was one that you had to eat plane tuna fish. It was so bad, and did not stay on it long.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:54 PM

I think diets that rely on tea are strange because the reasoning behind them is so iffy.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:25 PM

I would have to go with the fasting type diets. I also agree with the Atkins diet not being a healthy one.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:41 AM

I heard something about a cookie diet. I didn't even bother looking into that one!!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrajean View Post
I'm not a real big fan of chocolate so a chocolate wouldn't work so well for me. I actually think the whole carb free thing is just not realistic. Carbs are a very important part of any diet. You just have to learn not to overdo.
I think this way, too... carbs are important, fats (to a certain degree) are important, too.. any fad diet that cuts something out usually ends up being in the news eventually for *not* being so great for us after all.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick-r-treat View Post
I heard something about a cookie diet. I didn't even bother looking into that one!!
I actually sort of was on that one for a year. Not on purpose though. I used to be a nanny for baby twins. They were just 5 months when I started to care for them. I was alone with them from 6 am to 8 pm. They were impossible to get on any kind of schedule and they never slept or eat at the same time. So.. the only thing I was able to eat was what I could grab and eat in a min, which was cookies. I actually lost 30 pounds - but its possible that also was due to not sitting still at all until 8 pm...
Old 02-19-2008, 01:31 PM

I think all you have to do is look at the Google Ads at the top of this page to be introduced to some pretty strange diets!!