Go Back   NutriQuiz Forums > Diet & Nutrition > Dieting & Weightloss
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 AM

Aah I do not think that would work well with me as I would already know where the vegetables are .
Old 02-12-2008, 09:05 AM

I don't care if I know that they are there, so long as they taste like they aren't there. But then again I guess it depends on the type of vegetable.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrajean View Post
My son actually likes his veggies, yayyy! But they have to be raw. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cukes...all the garden variety types. Summer is great for us.
I never had a problem with my daughter and veggies either (well, except for brussels sprouts) so I didn't have to "hide" anything. I'm not really sure I would have done that anyhow. She likes the cooked, though, and not the raw variety.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to hide vegetables in other foods. I remember my father serving us liver and telling us that it was steak, and when I found out, I never trusted him about food again. Trust can be broken easily with children, I believe.
It is easily broken, yes. They are so trusting. I was never tricked into eating things and I haven't done that either. I remember not liking things and being told to just try it to see if maybe I could like it. Sometimes it took many tries over the years (peas and chili come to mind ) but it worked... I enjoy chili and peas very much now.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:33 PM

I wish I could find some foods that disguise the taste of vegetables for myself. I've always been a picky eater, and even when I was a kid I couldn't stand the taste of most vegetables. My mother had to do some pretty fast talking to keep me healthy.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 AM

I'm another one who doesn't really go with the idea of sneaking veggies into things, but I have a vegetarian friend who is expert at it. She has to be, as her vegetarian son refuses to eat veggies. Her favourite is carrot grated into (fake) sausage rolls. Even I can't tell it's there even though I know it is.

When her son is here I either blend everything into a pasta sauce as has already been suggested, or just live with it & thank heavens he's not my kid.

Green-Moo
Old 02-15-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrajean View Post
My son actually likes his veggies, yayyy! But they have to be raw. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cukes...all the garden variety types. Summer is great for us.
Feel really lucky. Most of the time you have to force them to even try them. Be happy be proud.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 PM

I very seldomly come across a kid who actually likes their vegetables, but I guess when you do come across one, it's easy to cook for them. I always loved broccoli and zucchini.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to hide vegetables in other foods. I remember my father serving us liver and telling us that it was steak, and when I found out, I never trusted him about food again. Trust can be broken easily with children, I believe.
My father did this to me once as well. Telling me that black olives were fish eyes and that they were watching you as you ate them. I was so little that I was actually scared and to this day I absolutely refuse to eat any kind of olives.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
I very seldomly come across a kid who actually likes their vegetables, but I guess when you do come across one, it's easy to cook for them. I always loved broccoli and zucchini.
I was never fond of zucchini until a friend of mine brought me some zucchini bread she'd made and it was sooo good! Now when I have a giant zucchini I scan my recipe book for new ways to cook it.