Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 PM

Default Multi-vitamins

Does anyone take a multi-vitamin supplement? I sometimes wonder if I should and often go through phases but I have never stuck to anything for long enough to notice any benefit. Anyone found something they recommend?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 PM

I have been taking "One a Day" now for about six months. I don't think I have noticed much of a difference in how I feel but I figure it cannot hurt to make sure that you have enough of what your body needs.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:35 AM

I am but only because I am trying to get pregnant. I made my husband start taking vitamins though, thinking it will make him healthier too, however my husbands doctor did not seem to think it would matter much either way. The doctor just told us to eat healthy and get a variety of fruit and veggies in our diet.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 PM

I'm just worried that I might not get enough of certain vitamins or minerals. I guess if you have too much of a vitamin or mineral your body just gets rid of it? I mean like if you were getting enough through your food and then took a multivitamin as well - couldn't hurt?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 AM

I don't think it makes much of a difference one way or the other unless you're sure you aren't getting enough of something (greens, iron, calcium, etc...) Most people who are on very strict diets (vegans/vegetarians) usually take supplements so that they can get the vitamins and minerals that they don't get by not eating meat.
I guess in all honesty, to me, if you're already eating healthy, you're probably getting the required nutrients, but it may not hurt in the long run.
I do definitely recommend taking a supplement if you are A)trying to get pregnant or B) are on strict dietary needs

I do recommend one a day, they seem to be the best in all aspects of vitamins.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:45 PM

I love taking vitamin B because it actually makes me feel better. Other than that, I don't take any extra vitamins.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 PM

I take a calcium supplement each day to keep my bones strong. I also take a vitamin B12 supplement to give a burst of energy midday.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:29 AM

I haven't taken vitamins in years. I need to. I used to take chrominium picolate (I think is what it was called) and vitamin E a lot.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 PM

I tend to go through phases of taking the "in" vitamin, but I never take it for long enough either!!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 PM

I just heard on Oprah that you should cut your vitamin in half and take half in the morning and the other half in the evening. I guess because doing this will make your body absorb the vitamin better because they tend to go through you fast and you pee them out. Something like that anyway.