Old 01-27-2008, 03:22 AM

Default Braging tread

I figured we needed a tread where we could brag a bit about the good things we do manage to do (and not just all the things we want to do)

I am very proud that my shopping this week was about 80% fruit and veggies and 20% from the supermarket. (Usually it is opposite..)
Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 AM

Good for you on getting lots of fruit! I'm always proud of myself when I do some good shopping.

My brag is a bit more shallow, I guess, but it is really helping my self-confidence. I dyed my hair red, which I have been dying to do for some time now. It makes me feel so much more confidence, and I feel like I have so much more self-esteem.

Also, I managed to make a workout routine and stick to it for one week so far. I usually break down and stop after three or four days.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:31 AM

My brag is that my daughter and I have joined the gym and have begun our workout. Yesterday as a matter of fact. It felt wonderful to have someone else running on the treadmill next to me, rather than having to going it alone.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:04 PM

I will brag that I have cut down on my coffee consumption by half this week. That is good since I drink way to much coffee on any given day.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:12 AM

Another brag For two weeks in a row I have been able to limit my chocolate intake. I have only had some chocolate on Saturdays as opposed to everyday before
Old 01-29-2008, 12:20 PM

I'm going to brag that, so far, I've been able to stick with my resolution and haven't missed one workout since the New Year began
Old 01-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Good for you baldmonkee, unfortunately I was not able to stick with my resolution that was basically the same thing.

Another brag for me - yesterday I ate the correct amount of each type of serving as recommended by the food pyramid. :P I think that's the first time ever.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:27 AM

I seemed to have trained my husband to be more healthy and right now that is very good because I'm slacking off... I have a job which gives me almost a month vacation over Christmas. That month I spent cooking a lot. Healthy meals with lots and lots of salads and veggies. There was also always plenty of fruit available. My husband was not to keen on all these salads and stuff, but he is a lazy guy so he ate whatever I served him.

Now, I'm back to working full time and he is having a break from his studies so he is in charge of the food. Surprisingly enough he is sticking to the healthy stuff - I'm so proud.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM

Great job, Mrs. H. My husband has started cooking with a lot less cooking oil, because he is starting to feel the effect of consuming too much, so he finally agrees with me where using cooking oil is concerned.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:23 AM

yay, good job Lisa. Now since you have bee able to get him to use less oil you might be able to get him to start using cooking oil in spray form too. That is even more healthy as you need so little.