Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 PM

Default Fish Oil

I was wondering if anyone on here has used this and if it is good at preventing plaque like they say it is? I was in the pharmacy today and the pharmacist was recommending this to someone and he was saying that it helps with this. I had never knew this and was wondering what you guys might know about this? thanks.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:56 PM

That is interesting, I hadn't heard that before. Isn't it meant to be very good for kids, make them super-clever or something?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:05 AM

Wow, that was quick. I don't know I have never heard of that either. I have two sons so I will have to do some research on this. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:06 AM

I know someone who gives her hyperactive daughter these supplements. She says it helps keep her more focused and calm.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:57 AM

From what friends have told me it seem like fish oil is almost the 'miracle' pill. They claim it helps for anything. A google search 'benefits of fish oil' confirmed that it does have positive effects on several things. It does make sense to supplement with fish oil, specially if you (like me) eat very little fish in your diet.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:24 PM

I have also seen many articles about its health benefits. I just worry about the mercury content. Are there any brands of capsules that are checked for mercury levels?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:05 AM

My husband takes fish oil for arthritis. It does seem to help. He takes the oil rather than the capsules. He's been told you would have to have a silly about of capsules ( like, say 20 a day) to have the same effect as a couple of spoons of the oil.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:58 AM

So does anyone know more about the different kinds of fish oil. I heard you can take it as oil, flakes or capsules. What is the difference and which one works better?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 PM

How does the fish oil help his pain? Does it contain vitamins that soothe the nerves?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMother View Post
How does the fish oil help his pain? Does it contain vitamins that soothe the nerves?
Hi, I assume this question is to me? If so, sorry but I really don't know. The doctor recommended it to him. It isn't a pain reliever as such, more that it relieves the actual condition.

I have heard of a few people taking it for this reason.