Go Back   NutriQuiz Forums > Exercise & Fitness > Fitness Training

Old 02-17-2008, 03:03 PM

It's important not to just let these sorts of things fall to the wayside because eventually it'll catch up to you if you're not careful enough. Best to do a bit of research and slow things down rather than not be able to run at all later on.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 PM

Default running

Wow I nere new that there was so many different ways of running. And did not realize that they had books on it. I thought running was just running. I guess that is why i am not so good at it.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:07 AM

Well running is the best way to maintain our body, It will give us to refreshment and also good for our health, for improve running style you can go for running in any garden and also any open place this is good for our health.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:39 AM

I have a problem running too. I feel like I look so funny running. It reminds me of the episode of Friends with Phoebe running really funny.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:14 PM

No single prescription for effective work is that we all put together differently. These points form the general principles of the physical mechanisms that can be applied to all runners. Focus on the structure of your own abilities and never force behavior, particularly in themselves do not feel right.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:58 AM

The problem I am running is that my legs to run, so it is running very uncomfortable. I also have knee pain, at times too. I did not know was prescibed ways of organizing.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:09 PM

Definitely check out proper running styles or look into a trainer if you're having those kind of pains because repeatedly having that kind of injury can lead to significant damage later on. Also as mentioned above, it's very likely that you'll give up your fitness plan if it hurts too much to continue.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:55 AM

Add a spin class, bike some hills, or climb some stairs once or twice a week, especially if your muscles are sore from running. These non-running workouts will boost your level of fitness and add enough extra leg strength to make a difference in your running times. One of my favorites is 4 x 2 min hill repeats on my mountain bike. I run in the morning and do this 30 minute intense workout in the evening. Hard work with no extra pounding!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:00 AM

Running is best exercise to maintain health and you can get improvement by running and proper diet.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Location: Ultralife Healthcare Limited 2 Printers End Gatehouse Way Aylesbury Buckinghamshire HP19 8DB
Default Proper technique

Proper technique can not only improve your running performance but it can also reduce the risk of injury. These subtle changes in technique, involving mostly body lean and foot placement, have formed two popular styles: chi running and pose running.
Chi Running

Danny Dreyer, a U.S. ultramarathon runner, devised chi running, drawing on his practice of tai chi for inspiration. Dreyer incorporated some principles of tai chi, an ancient Chinese form of meditation through body movements, to reportedly increase mental focus, reduce pain and enhance the joys of running. Chi running attempts to make the individual more aware while running and is as much philosophical as it is physical.
Pose Running

In 1977, Russian Olympic running coach Nicholas S. Romanov created pose running, believing the body must achieve certain poses when running for maximum effectiveness. Romanov believed in analyzing the running body's movements to examine the transitional phases the arms and legs go through in order to achieve proper positioning. Pose running is scientific more than philosophical.