Go Back   NutriQuiz Forums > Diet & Nutrition > Dieting & Weightloss

Old 01-15-2008, 02:31 PM

I don't know why but I never thought to include potato's. Now potatoes are something that I eat all the time and all different ways.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
I am terrible when it comes to getting the veggies that I should have daily. There are not to many that I do like. That being said I do like lettuce and tomato's so I try to eat a lot of salads. Also I plug my nose and down V8 juice.
I have tried the V8 Juice thing, it just does not seem to work for me. I cannot swallow that stuff. I have resorted to the V8 fruit juice, I really like the strawberry kiwi one.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 PM

See, I prefer raw veggies to cook ones. Give me a carrot, cucumber and pepper and I'm good to go. Apples and bananas are my all-time fav for fruits.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:16 AM

I prefer raw veggies to cooked ones any day. I love a nice big salad. But my kids and boyfriend do not like veggies very much at all. So in order to get some veggies in for them, I will puree some squash or carrots and add that to spaghetti sauce. I also add zucchini to chocolate cake (really yummy). My boyfriend likes brocolli,potatoes and carrots only if they are steamed in the microwave with water and butter so they don't crunch.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:34 AM

When I am having a meal such as a curry, risotto or bolognaise, I put some "green stuff" under it so that it gets incorporated into the meal if you see what I mean. For example, I often put cooked spinach in with a curry, rocket with risotto or bolognaise ( or just a nice leafy salad on the side with bolognaise).
Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 AM

Every time that I eat I am either having a fruit or vegetable. So in the morning for breakfast more times all I will eat is fruit such as blueberries and an apple. I do not like to eat heavy in the morning. The next meal will be a brunch or actual lunch and I will add in a salad or a chicken salad that I made. For dinner I will have another salad, or add in a side of vegetables. For dessert I will also add fruits in to my dessert.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
I have tried the V8 Juice thing, it just does not seem to work for me. I cannot swallow that stuff. I have resorted to the V8 fruit juice, I really like the strawberry kiwi one.
I can't stand the stuff either, I really like eating healthy so I really tried hard, but I had to throw it out.

On the other, I really love my veggies raw, steamed is ok too, I don't like them overcooked at all.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 AM

A little known trick of skilled model converters and sculptors is to take an aspect of a model.Tools come in many shapes and form.Anything can be used. For example,if you need flat sheets of putty for banners and such then plastic food wrapping becomes a tool.When I am having a meal such as a curry, risotto or bolognaise,I put some green stuff under it so that it gets incorporated into the meal if you see what I mean.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 PM

I just use a handful of the spinach, typically, for one serving… there’s no need to get caught up in grams of vegetables in this case…Thanks so much for all the wise send you our information. My wife and I would like to order your book, but we can not do the line. We tried three times without success. We are'nt very good on the computer yet. Can you please send us an e-mail ordering another way.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:38 PM

I know that in reality do not eat enough fruits and vegetables, but I really wish that I could. I eat lots of salad and make it taste better go for the grilled chicken. As for the fruit goes. I eat a lot of apples and oranges all day, maybe two or three days.