Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 PM

Default Detox - anyone tried one?

Has anyone tried doing a detox, either as a start to a longer diet or just for a general "clean-out". I fancy trying one but don't know which to choose as there seem to be lots of ideas.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 AM

I have never done a detox. There are way too many products out there that claim to cleanse but the best thing you can do is simply fast and flush. Lots of water and maybe some fruit for one day per month. Don't buy anything that has a bunch of claims associated with it, just keep things simple.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:30 PM

I'm not really sure what a detox entails. Sounds like it might be frightening.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM

They seem to be becoming quite popular recently. I just don't think that they sound all that healthy to me. I really don't know though they might be fine. I would do some research on them first and ask your doctor about the benefits of them before you do one.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:08 AM

I think that detox is a bit unhealthy. I think you shouldn't starve your body for any length of time if you don't have to.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:57 PM

To be honest they just make me feel ill. I've done a couple and each time my lasting memory of it is that of extreme tiredness and terrible headache.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Well then this wouldn't be for me then. I have enough trouble with being tired. Sure don't need anything that will make me feel tired.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:20 AM

I have seen this recommended by trainers and dietitians actually. But I think you need to have a talk to a professional before you do this. They will be able to tell you what kind of detox and for how long etc.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Still, is it like fasting for a length of time? My ex-mother in law used to do something like this a few times for religious reasons. It just seemed like a horrible thing to do to yourself, although she often said she felt better afterwards.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:14 PM

Default Oxy Powder

You can try Oxy Powder Capsules for detoxification.Oxy-Powder is a scientifically formulated, all natural oxygen colon cleanser used to safely relieve the bloating, gas and constipation associated with an unhealthy diet.This is a powerful colon cleansing product that actively releases small amounts of cleansing oxygen in your large intestine. It is available at http://www.oxypowder.com