NutriQuiz Forums

NutriQuiz Forums (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fitness Training (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Running - how to improve your style!! (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166)

lovetochat 02-01-2008 02:11 PM

Running - how to improve your style!!

I really hate to admit this but I need some help with my running! It seems like it should come naturally but honestly, it doesn't! When I run, my knees seem to turn in so my legs (from the knee down!) go out. Does anyone else have this problem. Oh please someone have this problem!
How can I improve my running style? I don't really realise I am doing it wrong, it is just if I look in the mirror at the gym or if someone tells me (ie. laughs!).

baldmonkee 02-02-2008 10:28 PM

This tends to be a problem for a lot of people, that's why there are a lot of books out concerning running form. If you do an interent search for Chi Running or Pose Running, you should get some good tips on improving your form

tater03 02-03-2008 01:52 AM

I have never heard of Chi Running or Pose Running before. I don't tend to have this exact problem. I have more of a problem with weak ankles.

Liza 02-05-2008 09:08 PM

The problem I have with running is that my legs run, so it makes running very uncomfortable. I also have pains in the knees sometimes too. I didn't know there were prescibed ways of running.

debrajean 02-06-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liza (Post 540)
The problem I have with running is that my legs run, so it makes running very uncomfortable. I also have pains in the knees sometimes too. I didn't know there were prescibed ways of running.

Do you have any issues with simply walking at a fast pace? If running is painful maybe you should adjust your exercise routine to accomodate comfort. If something is painful you're more likely to abandon it altogether. Find something that makes you comfortable and go with that.

MrsH 02-07-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldmonkee (Post 508)
This tends to be a problem for a lot of people, that's why there are a lot of books out concerning running form. If you do an interent search for Chi Running or Pose Running, you should get some good tips on improving your form

wow I never knew there was books about running. I hate running. I get tired very quickly and same as lovetochat I must do something wrong because my knees hurt after I have been running. I will defiantly do some research about this.

Jewel 02-10-2008 03:07 AM

I have a problem running too. I feel like I look so funny running. It reminds me of the episode of Friends with Phoebe running really funny.

emsy99 02-10-2008 07:02 PM

I struggle with my knees when I run, which is why I prefer "jogging " on my mini trampoline or using a cross trainer at the gym as it eases the impact.

RFL1986 02-16-2008 08:18 PM

Definitely check out proper running styles or look into a trainer if you're having those kind of pains because repeatedly having that kind of injury can lead to significant damage later on. Also as mentioned above, it's very likely that you'll give up your fitness plan if it hurts too much to continue.

debrajean 02-17-2008 02:12 AM

I saw this episode and was completely in agreement with it. You need to relax and enjoy your workout.