Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 PM

Default Favorite exercise

My personal favorite exercise for building strength is the deadlift, I try to implement it into my workout twice a week. What are everyone elses favorites?
Old 01-19-2008, 09:26 PM

I love the yoga poses that require you to support some of your own body weight - no equipment needed, so it can be used when you travel, and I find concentrating on holding a pose less boring than repeating one over and over.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:29 AM

My current favourite is bouncing on my rebounder. Admittedly the novelty may wear off as I have only had it for a few weeks, but it seems good for building up muscles in my legs and is also a great cardio workout!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:13 PM

A rebounder huh? I never used one personally but it's sounds like that could be some fun
Old 01-22-2008, 06:25 PM

I can't say my favourite exercise is real excercise, but I love to dance (you know the kind of mad things you do only when no one is seeing you). Work up quite a bit of sweat there.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
I can't say my favourite exercise is real excercise, but I love to dance (you know the kind of mad things you do only when no one is seeing you). Work up quite a bit of sweat there.

I would certainly clasify dancing as exercise. Anything you do that gets the blood pumping and burn calories should be considered exercise
Old 01-23-2008, 11:14 PM

I think dancing is a great way to get exercise. Not only that but it is fun. I know that me and my youngest son dance around off and on during the day. He loves to dance.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
I think dancing is a great way to get exercise. Not only that but it is fun. I know that me and my youngest son dance around off and on during the day. He loves to dance.
That's true, it's a great way to be active with your children as well. Much better for them thatn TV and computer games all day
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 AM

Even belly dancing is good exercise. People are often surprised at their breathlessness at the end of a session, and you work some muscles that you probably weren't even aware of because certain steps make you isolate one area at a time.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 AM

My favourite exercises to do are Yoga, Pilates which I am able to do anywhere that I like. With Yoga I am also able to do relaxation techniques to help me stay focused, centered and keep my stress low. I also love to dance and it is fun as well.