Old 01-13-2008, 09:25 PM

Default Cutting down on evening snacks

My worst time for snacking is in the evening. During the day I don't really think about snacks, but in the evening I like to sit down and relax with a glass of wine and then I can't rest until I have a little something to eat as well. Tell me I'm not alone!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:35 PM

You're are certainly not alone with this problem. I am terrible at this also. My husband laughs at me because he says when it gets dark out I get hungry. I have tried to buy things lately that are better for you to snack on.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:33 AM

Oh you are defently not alone. I too have this problem. I *need* something sweet after dinner no matter how full I am. What seem to work for me though is to eat less during the day so I have room to indulge in a sweet treat at night. I try to eat between 1200-1500 calories pr day. I found that If I eat a bowl of porridge and a piece of fruit in the morning instead of my prefer bread with nutella I am cutting out 200 calories. That is 200 calories I can use on a sweet treat when I just *need* something.

I also found that WW have a beautiful ice cream. They sell them on serving sizes which makes it easier to not over eat AND they have far less calories then normal ice cream. A serving of that ice cream is about 100 calories. It taste just as nice and sweet as normal so I get my treat and my weight is going down.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:15 AM

I am a huge snacker. I am a college student, and I am always sitting at my desk when I'm not in class and I'm in my dorm. I end up snacking a lot, it just feels natural. The biggest time for me is a couple of hours after dinner.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM

snacking in the evening used to be a big problem for me, I've found that I always seem to get hungry around 8:00 or 9:00, but now I'm much more careful about what I snack on - an apple or a banana will usually do the trick and they are a lot better for you than some of the popular alternatives like cookies or chips

Last edited by baldmonkee; 01-15-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 PM

I'm trying to eat a bowl of cereal in the evenings as that seems to fill me up. Glad to know I'm not alone in my snack cravings!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetochat View Post
I'm trying to eat a bowl of cereal in the evenings as that seems to fill me up. Glad to know I'm not alone in my snack cravings!
A bowl of cereal is a great evening snack, with low fat milk its low in calories and a good source of grains and protein
Old 01-15-2008, 02:17 PM

Fruit is a great evening snack. If you know that you crave sweets in the evening, try having a fruit with some honey drizzled on it. It might curb your craving without adding hundreds of calories.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:22 PM

You're right, fruit is one snack that won't make you feel guilty the next day. I think that maybe even something like those rice cakes are a good idea too.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Administrator

The two best fruits are probably going to be strawberries and watermellon. Both contain very little categories for their weight, so you can eat lots of it and get full without many calories. Pineapple is another one. You can eat an entire pineapple, the whole thing, and it is only around 250 calories.