Old 01-12-2008, 09:03 AM

Default the big meal of the day

Both my husband and I are keen to get a bit more healthy and wont be sad if we lose a couple of ponds too. We have always had big dinners after work, which can be pretty late. Now a few weeks ago my husband was watching tv and someone recommanded that the biggest meal of the day was lunch. So for a some weeks now we have had a big meal in the middle of the day and just a sandwich or a bowl of soup at night.

I have not lost any weight (possible because I also eat lots of chocolate and do not really do any exercise). The biggest benefit so far is that I am now not painful full when I got to bed. I am not sure though. Have anyone else heard of having a big meal for lunch instead of dinner and does it make any difference?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH View Post
Both my husband and I are keen to get a bit more healthy and wont be sad if we lose a couple of ponds too. We have always had big dinners after work, which can be pretty late. Now a few weeks ago my husband was watching tv and someone recommanded that the biggest meal of the day was lunch. So for a some weeks now we have had a big meal in the middle of the day and just a sandwich or a bowl of soup at night.

I have not lost any weight (possible because I also eat lots of chocolate and do not really do any exercise). The biggest benefit so far is that I am now not painful full when I got to bed. I am not sure though. Have anyone else heard of having a big meal for lunch instead of dinner and does it make any difference?
I think having the largest meal of the day at lunch is a wise change. Since you e njoy chocolate, why not add walking after your last meal of the day? It is a nice way for couple to reconnect with each other and is an easy form of exercise to maintain!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:46 AM

I would rather say having less amount of food and restricting yourself from cheese or butter or chocolates would be of good help. I really prefer taking less amount of food and more times per day, having any fruit whenever you feel hungry or a glass of fruit juice would be very much helpful to have a healthy and fit personality. Having heavy meal at lunch and nothing at night wouldn't help much as my husband already tried it and finally gave up on it.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:36 AM

It might be working for us. Hubby have lost about 1 kg. I have also made sure to load the plate with greens so it looks really full, but really the serving size of meat and carbs are about half of what we used to have.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:13 PM

It is really good to know that it worked for you. My husband was able to reduce 5 pounds but again gained back the moment he was on leave and stayed at home. I guess he was able to have exercise going to office and having a little walk rather than staying home and relaxing in front of TV almost whole day.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:28 PM

Generally what's worked for me is to keep both breakfast and lunch the biggest of the three meals and eat just a very small portion of lean protein and some greens for dinner. I find that reasonably portioned meal earlier in the day reall help keep me going
Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 PM

I fall into the last meal of the day being the biggest and maybe that's where my weight gain has come from. I need to look at rearranging my meal habits.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:55 PM

I used to have a massive evening meal but these days have cut it out and it really is helping me to lose weight. It also makes me feel so much better in myself. I used to know someone who wouldn't eat anything after 7pm - she probably had the right idea!!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 PM

I am the same way in that my biggest meal of the day seems to be dinner. I never really thought about it having to be lunch. I have always just assumed that the biggest meal was supposed to be breakfast which to be honest is my least favorite.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:42 AM

This is what I'm trying to do. But it's pretty hard when the people around you won't stop snacking!