Old 02-17-2008, 10:00 PM

Default Dividing Restaurant Meals

I have always had wait staff bring a take out box to the table in restaurants because the portions are usually large enough to split the meal into several.

Eating a few bites to taste the food, then boxing it and getting two more meals or at least partial meals, out of it is a great way to stay on your diet plan.

What tricks have you employed when dealing with restaurant meals while trying to stick to a weightloss plan??
Old 02-17-2008, 11:27 PM

That is a really great idea. I tend to stay away from restaurants when I am dieting. I just tend to want to eat the things that are not good for you while on a diet. The best tip is to stay away from the dessert menu. lol
Old 02-18-2008, 02:39 AM

Well, first of all, I try to stay away from restaurants when I am on a diet, period. But if I have to..... then I stick to salads.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Dividing resturant meals

I think this is a great idea. I hate eating out for that reason. They always give me way to much food and I can never finish it. Thank you.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:44 PM

Dividing the meals this way is a great diet idea--and good for the pocketbook as well.

If I'm eating with a friend who likes the same types of food I do, we'll occasionally split an order which also works nicely.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:16 AM

I haven't done that in a restaurant. But if we order take out a dinner for 2 usually last us 2 or 3 meals.

When we do dine out we always split dessert and sometimes we order just and entire instead of main meal. Entries are usually better portion wise.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 PM

For my birthday we went to one of my favorite resaturants and split a slice of cheesecake as dessert. It is a good thing too because it was huge!

YOu really have to be careful when eating out!