Old 01-12-2008, 09:07 AM

Default what is your favorite exercise?

My favorite is probably walking. Mostly because its easy and since I do not have a car I do not have much choice but to walk wherever I need to go.

I also really enjoy swimming, but that is a bit more difficult to do as I am depended on access to a pool and at the moment I do not have that.

My newest thing is dance work out on dvd. I bought a cheap dvd on sale and are working on learning the routine. I think I will enjoy it when I get more into it, right now I feel like I have 3 left legs..

So what is your favorite?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:38 AM

Walking is my favorite, that was the best way I had a perfect personality. The moment I stopped walking and tried working out with cycling at home but I wasn't able to work out as much as I was able to make walking.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:43 AM

I like to workout with push ups and crunches at home, but I guess they really aren't my favorite exercises. I like to shoot hoops outside with my sister and boyfriend, and I also enjoy swimming.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:26 PM

Walking is my favorite as well. I spent years bodybuilding and can't stand the idea of being back inside the gym!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:24 PM

I enjoy lifting weights and hitting a punching bag, probably because I'm getting a good workout and they are both great stress reducers for me as well
Old 01-14-2008, 06:13 AM

Weightlifting has never been a favorite exercise for me. I like my work outs to be a bit more upbeat, and exciting. I also prefer to involve other people.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 PM

I would have to agree with the walking. With the two boys we tend to take a lot of walks. I just hate the winter time because we don't get out on our walks like we normally do in the summertime.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:08 AM

I also agree with walking, though with the freezing cold weather, I'm not doing it as often as I should. I have the mindset to "stay warm and drive."
I have a YMCA right up the street, but their memberships are ungodly costly! For someone that is trying to "help" the community, they should help me by not costing so darn much!
Anyway, bit of a rant, followed by:
swimming, pushups, and the cargo net, because I love it, even if it isn't considered a "formal" exercise.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 AM

I've always been a walker. When I lived in-town I walked everywhere. Now living in the country, it's just not the same. Back country roads are muddy and fighting off the mosquitoes sucks the joy out of a nature walk.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:47 PM

I love swimming and if I go to the gym the eliptical. (however you spell it). It's really easy on my knees and I feel like I get a great workout.