Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 PM

Her system won't really need to be "flushed" as I am sure she will drink or eat enough of other things to balance everything out.

The body doesn't flush the way you flush and fill a radiator. Selectively permeable membranes at the cellular level regulate the flow of basic chemical chains once digestion has begun. The more immediate problem is just moving fluid, any fluid, through the system without creating gastric distress.

As far as antioxidants, I don't think I have seen anything proposing what a truly therapeutic level is. Unless you are taking them in pill form, their presence is usually advertised as a gimmick to create sales. This is true of Coke and is also true of many products marketed under the "organic" umbrella.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 PM

I don't think that you should stop drinking it if you enjoy it at all. I just feel that their are better ways to get antioxidants. I just wanted to clarify that I in no way was passing any kind of judgment. Just rereading my post I wanted to make sure I didn't come off that way.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:12 AM

You are speaking my language when you mention water, at lunch my coworkers cannot understand how I can drink only water, while they are having sodas and juice drink. But I find drinking water highly beneficial.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 PM

Life is too short to deny yourself a small pleasure. If you find it no longer works or causes problems you can always find another pleasure.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:32 PM

Thanks for the concern guys, was just wondering what people thought of products like this really! I drink ( at least ) 5 litres of water a day -lol ( i'm not kidding!!) aswell as diet soda and coffee etc, I am just literally always thirsty! ( i'm not diabetic).I drink coffee first thing and after work, water all day , and diet coke/ pepsi max at lunch, so think i should be fine!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 AM

thats sounds pretty healthy to me. But how to you manage to drink so much water. Im struggling to get down 2 liters a day.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 PM

OK....call me whatever, but how many ounces make up a litre. I drink about 32-40 oz per day. Sometimes a cup or two more depending on the atmosphere.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH View Post
thats sounds pretty healthy to me. But how to you manage to drink so much water. Im struggling to get down 2 liters a day.
I really don't know, I'm just always thirsty!! I've been tested for diabetes more than once when I was younger because my mum couldn't get over how much I drink!

I did read somewhere that the more you drink, the more your body gets used to it, and you feel thirsty more, so it is probablly just a case of gradually increasing the amount you have.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
OK....call me whatever, but how many ounces make up a litre. I drink about 32-40 oz per day. Sometimes a cup or two more depending on the atmosphere.

40 oz is about 1.2 litres according to a converter I just googled ( I didn't know either!!)
Old 02-02-2008, 09:45 PM

That sounds like a lot of water to me, but if spread through out the day I can see where it would be healthy.

Drinking it all at once would be a problem though. Wouldn't that make you nauseous? I think it would make me feel ill!