Old 01-11-2008, 10:38 PM

Default How Often

How many times a week do you use heavy weight for strength training? I like to do two heavy days a week and on lighter day
Old 01-30-2008, 09:07 PM

I don't like to use many weights when I work out. I will use some small weights for when I am doing crunches or something, but I am just not the kind of person who likes to lift weights often.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:19 PM

I just use the little five pound weights when I exercise. I do like the ankle weights when I do my walking. Makes me feel like I am doing more when I am walking.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 PM

Ankle weights are good for walking, but they really do start to hurt after a while. I have also tried jogging with them - not a good idea for my ankles!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
Ankle weights are good for walking, but they really do start to hurt after a while. I have also tried jogging with them - not a good idea for my ankles!
Ouch that do sound painful. I have not been lifting any weights for years. I do lift and carry around a bunch of 2 year olds everyday though - do that count as weigh training?
Old 02-03-2008, 03:45 AM

I never really did any kind of weight lifting and I just like to go on with normal tendency to walk, which I prefer to be the main and best exercise and other than that never really did any other kind of weight lifting works.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmonkee View Post
How many times a week do you use heavy weight for strength training? I like to do two heavy days a week and on lighter day
When I was working out a lot I would do a combination of weights and cardio almost everyday. A half hour of weights and then an hour of cardio. Now I only wish I could get back into doing that.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmonkee View Post
It depends on the goals of the workouts. IF you are trying to add muscles size you would work out 3 days a week with heavy weights, and the days in between would be more endurance oriented, like swalking, cycling, or jogging.

IF you are body building you are going to lift fairly heavy compared to someone looking for tone, and you will split up your muscle groups and lift heavy while working the target muscle group of the workout and do lighter exercises for the non target groups.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:39 AM

I use it for 3 days in a week.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:30 AM

Well i take weights thrice in a week. I do other exercise as i give more importance to yoga and Zumba. For given proper shape to the muscles a good diet also very actively matters.