Old 01-25-2008, 07:55 PM

I don't remember taking fish oil as a child, but I was given cod liver oil gelatin tablets, I hated them as kids. Is it the same thing. Those were quite beneficial.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsy99 View Post
My husband takes fish oil for arthritis. It does seem to help. He takes the oil rather than the capsules. He's been told you would have to have a silly about of capsules ( like, say 20 a day) to have the same effect as a couple of spoons of the oil.
They had recommended both my parents takes fish oil for arthritis, I seemed to hear less complaining of pain after they started so I'm assuming it worked
Old 01-28-2008, 06:04 AM

I take them for all of the benefits that they do for my body. I also eat fish but I like to have the additional benefits as well. I have a lot of muscle and joint pain problems and it helps those areas.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:44 PM

I was not aware that fish oil helped with pains, I thought it was good for brain power, that's what we were told as kids. Maybe I need to start taking some.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:05 PM

I went to the pharmacy this morning and asked about fish oil, I clarified if it was the codliver oil gels. I was informed that it was actually omega 3 that was termed as fish oil, so I am making arrangements to get some.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:47 PM

I've heard that fish liver oils are worse because the pollutants concentrate in the liver and that fish oils made from the flesh are better.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrajean View Post
My husband had to take this for awhile as a stool softener and he said it did exactly that.
The utilisation of fish oil decreases the possibilities of all types of cancerous infection encompassing breast, colon and prostate. The fatty acids discovered in the fish oil is rather cooperative to halt the development of cancerous mass from rather a wholesome cell, it inhibits the redundant development of cell and determinants apoptosis or death or cancerous infection cells.

The fish oil has very implication in stopping the pregnancy difficulty like premature consignment and reduced birth weight. The utilisation of fish oil throughout pregnancy decrease allergy in the newborns, help in development of mind and decrease risk of mail partum depression. It is better to take fish oil throughout the time span of pregnancy.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:04 PM

This is very good idea. I had used this fish oil. Fish oil is very good for brain. It is called a brain sharper. Consuming of it increases the the alertness, concentration and memory power of the mind. It helped me in my studies.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:04 AM

Fish oil is oil derived from tissues of fatty fish. It is recommended that no quote given for a healthy diet because it contains omega-3 eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid precursors of eicosanoids that reduce inflammation in the body.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Banned

Well, Fish Oil helps in preventing heart problems. The main cause of heart attacks and strokes were built of plaque that can block arteries and block blood flow. When the plaque from the artery wall fallen, it can affect the, strokes. Omega 3 fatty acids may prevent plaque built, thereby reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.