Old 02-16-2008, 11:32 PM

As far as diet goes, isn't it a case of things to AVOID rather than things to take? I think cheese is said to cause bad sleep and caffeine would certainly be something that it would be worth avoiding in the latter part of the day. I suppose I'd avoid anything partiuclarly spicy or difficult to digest & see if it helped.

Green-Moo
Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM

I found this article on The Today Show website, I was actually looking for something I saw on the show about insomnia but I couldn't find it. They were discussing a technique where you move your blood through your hands by holding them away from your body to cool yourself down while you're trying to fall asleep. I wish I had paid more attention to it, I can't remember how to do it exactly.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23003124/
Old 02-21-2008, 11:22 PM

Sometimes it helps to develop a bedtime routine aimed at relaxing and getting the brain slowed down for sleep. I usually try not to watch anything too stimulating or anxiety producing on television for about an hour before bedtime. I also try to make sure all my work is wrapped up and there aren't a lot of problems weighing on my mind. One of the last things I do before my head hits the pillow is drink a cup of herbal tea. It seems to work, because mostly I sleep well.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:46 PM

I agree with that advice as well. One of the things that I have always stuck to is marking an end to my work an hour or two before bed and avoiding any television so that your senses don't get overworked right before trying to sleep. Reading for a while and having a cup of decaffinated tea can go a long way toward a good night's sleep.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:33 AM

Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which a person experiences poor sleep or has trouble sleeping.Insomnia can be caused by physical factors as well as psychological factors. There is often an underlying medical condition that causes chronic insomnia, while transient insomnia may be due to a recent event or occurrence.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Diet plays a major role for people suffering from this problem Insomnia. My grandmother used to say that having a glass of warm milk at night is really a great help. I do not have warm milk at night every day and it is good help. I think that more stress would also cause sleep disorders for some, I do not usually sleep if I'm stressed that I'm tired and want to hit the bed immediately.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:00 PM

Insomnia can be related to depression or poor health. Try meditating before you go to sleep or try aromatherapy each night before bed. I have always found that establishing a routine is the best way to prepare my body for rest. You can also try warm tea before bed, my favorite is camomile and honey.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:52 PM

Default Insomnia

Like your friend, I am experiencing the same situation before. Until, my friend told me what to do in order to avoid it. I just put warm water in a basin, then soak my feet for few minutes. I'm doing this every night before I go to sleep.

Last edited by leadmachine; 09-10-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
Does anyone happen to know of alternative things for insomnia? I have a friend that suffers from this and don't know of anything. thanks.
Aside from any drugs, I've heard that exercise and lowering stress levels helps a lot. Don't check the internet--I've heard of everything from dog bones to tanning beds being a "miracle cure." He might want to go see a doctor about his metabolism.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Banned

Insomnia is one of the most complaints from sleep disorders, a feeling that you have not slept enough. It is mainly characterized by difficulty falling asleep, waking up, stirring frequently during the night and early, who could not make you fall asleep again.