Old 02-01-2008, 02:13 PM

Default Eating more when you feel ill.

I have a cold and I have been eating like a horse. Why can't I be one of those people who get ill and don't want to eat? Is it normal to want to eat more?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 PM

To be honest, I have never heard of such a case, its normally the other way around. I guess you don't fell much like exercising too....to burn up some of those calories.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Hav eyou heard the phrase "feed a cold , starve a fever" - that's what I've always been told anyway , so sounds like you are doing the right thing!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:57 AM

Apparently you feel more hungry when you are cold. Maybe this goes for feeling cold when you are sick too. I heard that restaurants take advantage of this (that you eat more when you feel cold) so they always make sure its slight cooler then comfortable in the restaurants.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsy99 View Post
Hav eyou heard the phrase "feed a cold , starve a fever" - that's what I've always been told anyway , so sounds like you are doing the right thing!

That's exactly what came to my mind as well. Normally I eat more when I have a cold as well, the only time I eat less is if my stomach is upset
Old 02-03-2008, 01:59 AM

When I have a head cold I tend to eat more. But if I have a sore throat or the stomach flu that is when I tend not to eat as much. I have never lost weight though do to being sick.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:40 AM

Sorry to say that I too never heard of such a thing nor did I face such a situation. I generally don't feel like eating much when I am ill rather feel like being lying on the bed and have perfect rest.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:28 PM

It is usually best to go with what your body is telling you. If you are hungry just be very choosy about what you eat. There is nothing worse than getting over a cold and then having to deal with 20 extra pounds!

LOL
Old 02-05-2008, 05:16 PM

Yeah extra pounds seem to be really tough, I rather lose many pounds when I am sick, good and easy way to lose weight I guess, LOL. But hard to really deal with because I get sick very rarely and when I am sick it is really worse.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 PM

When I'm really sick, eating is the last thing on my mind. All I want to do is lie in bed and sleep. But, when it's over, I'm starving!