Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM

It is probably wise to take any "sweeping news" about substances with a healthy dose of skepticism. There are so many factors that play into observed results that it is impossible to attribute a single substance for an improvemnt in overall health.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:32 AM

I think I may have to start taking some fish oil capsules. I mean it can't hurt right?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
You know I never even thought about the mercury that might be in it. I am surprised in a way that it is in prenatal vitamins. Isn't mercury one of the things they want you to stay away from while pregnant? I thought I was told not to eat fish because of this. But it has been awhile since I was pregnant so I could be mixing that up with something else.

It is possible that you mixing it up with sushi. It is not safe for a pregnant woman to eat many kinds of sushi as they are raw fish. It is safe for pregnant women to eat fish and it is actually encourage, but she will have to eat it within limits because of the mention mercury levels.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:58 PM

I am not sure about the various uses of fish oil but when I was a kid my parents gave me this fish oil medicine which on a long term basis cured my asthma completely. I had this problem since I was a kid but I was given this medicine for almost more than 5 yrs and now its completely gone.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM

Now that you mention it, it is sushi that pregnant women shouldn't eat. That is so good to hear that your asthma is all gone now.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:05 AM

My husband takes fish oil for arthritis. It does seem to help. He takes the oil rather than the capsules. He's been told you would have to have a silly about of capsules ( like, say 20 a day) to have the same effect as a couple of spoons of the oil.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:58 AM

So does anyone know more about the different kinds of fish oil. I heard you can take it as oil, flakes or capsules. What is the difference and which one works better?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 PM

How does the fish oil help his pain? Does it contain vitamins that soothe the nerves?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
Now that you mention it, it is sushi that pregnant women shouldn't eat. That is so good to hear that your asthma is all gone now.
Thank you tater for letting me know. I didn't have any fish during my pregnancy, I only had most of times Chicken, I usually prefer Vegetarian stuff but because of my husband forcing me to have some Chicken I had it. He is more concerned that the baby might also turn up Vegetarian and avoid Chicken which is his favorite and the only one dish he knows to cook real delicious.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMother View Post
How does the fish oil help his pain? Does it contain vitamins that soothe the nerves?
Hi, I assume this question is to me? If so, sorry but I really don't know. The doctor recommended it to him. It isn't a pain reliever as such, more that it relieves the actual condition.

I have heard of a few people taking it for this reason.