Old 02-15-2008, 09:17 AM

Default Favourite veg to grow?

What's your favourite veg to grow yourself? I can't decide between tomato, because they are so fabulous to eat straight from the vine, or pumpkin type veg because you can almost see them grow daily.

Green-Moo
Old 02-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Mine would have to be tomato's just because they grow so easy and plentiful for me. Not to mention that I love eating them.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:00 PM

Default fovorate veg to grow

Mine is tomatoes and peppers. I think they taste so much better when you can pick them and bring them in and eat them.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:24 PM

I really don't know what I would want to grow the most. I don't grow anything right now, but I think that tomatoes or even bell peppers would be my favorite.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:23 PM

Tomatoes picked straight from the vine have a totally different flavour from the tasteless ones you get in the shops. And if the sun has been on them & they are slightly warm they are even better! Sometimes out of season I go & sniff the air in my greenhouse where the smell is concentrated. Does that make me a bit strange?

I love growing cherry tomato varieties too, but very few of those end up in my kitchen as I pick them whilst I'm out & about.

Green-Moo
Old 02-16-2008, 11:49 PM

Tomatoes are good but so is Swiss Chard, which is a mild Collard Green, sort of like Kale. It is a good source of calcium. I
Old 02-17-2008, 05:50 PM

I love to grow tomatoes, but I don't like tomato worms! How do you deal with them? I pick them off and feed them to my chicken.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:03 PM

I love cucumbers - as easy to grow as tomatoes and the taste of fresh, home organically grown ones is streets ahead of shop bought ones and my kids love them too.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:20 PM

I am very fond of growing veggies. I have made a special vegetable garden for growing veggies separately in my banglow. I love to grow brinjals, onions, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, green groud etc. I am on diet so this helps as a good diet food to me.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 AM

My favorite vegetable for grow is all type of green vegetables. It's provide all types of vitamins. Moreover it's very helpful against any disease. I take daily one green vegetable at my dinner.