Old 02-16-2008, 11:17 PM

Default Do you have a plan?

Do you typically plan out what exercise routines you are going to do, or do you basically just "go with the flow"?

I try to keep a routine, but I often find myself skipping days.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:29 PM

I think you have to do what suits your mood. I think I've made a major step forward if I've made it to the stage of actually exercising, so once I get going I allow myself to have some fun.

I had a personal trainer once who had me planned down to the last repetition, and I was so bored. I felt like I was under scrutiny & immediately wanted to rebel! Perhaps that works for some people. Not for me.

Green-Moo
Old 02-17-2008, 02:10 AM

When I go to the gym I do have a plan I want to meet for that day. I think about what muscle groups I want to work and work those. The next day I go in and work the groups I didn't do the day b4. And back and forth throughout the week. But everyday, no matter what, the treadmill is the beginning of each workout. It loosens my muscles and joints and gets my energy flowing to complete the rest of my workout.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:33 PM

I agree, a plan is not for everybody, and it should depend on your individual mood and what you like to do. If you have a hard time getting started, sometimes you dont' need a plan, you just need to work at your own pace.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:34 PM

Default plan

I am sure it is better to have a plan. But I am not one that is very good sticking to a plan. So I just play it by ear.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 AM

I too just sort of go with the flow. The days I do manage to get some exercise in though I allow myself a small treat.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
Do you typically plan out what exercise routines you are going to do, or do you basically just "go with the flow"?
I usually do the form of exercise that I have planned to do for that day and don't change to something else... but I don't always getting around to doing *any* exercise. I've been really messing up with that and I MUST get back on track. That's my goal for this week actually.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:07 PM

I used to try to schedule workouts but I found that I had more success with just making sure I didn't go to bed until I had got in some form of exercise. It's probably best just to make a flexible plan that allows for breathing room but still gets the time in regularly.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:36 PM

I do have a plan, but to be honest it's not a big elaborate thing, I know what my schedule is like, so I do a variety of things to get my desired results.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:31 AM

I make plan to daily exercise. I get up early in the morning, walking and cycling almost 60 mint. In night i am going Gym daily.