Old 01-27-2008, 11:00 PM

Default Hiring Fitness Trainer

'So has anyone on here ever hired a personal fitness trainer? I have a friend that has one but I have no clue what she pays this person but I bet that they don't come cheap.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 AM

I had a trainer but it wasn't for fitness. I was bodybuilding for a few years and a trainer is a huge help. You can bounce ideas for diet and lifting routines off someone who is aware of your goals, and you have a built in spotter when lifitng heavy.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:03 AM

It seems like a very good idea to have one, but as you mention it is probably not cheap. I used to go to a gym where they will give me a person responsible for me. He or she will give me a bunch of tests first, ask me questions about what I wanted to achieve and then they made my program. The program was then reviewed every 3 months. It worked great and it was not to expensive as I was a student at that time. Now I'm to busy..
Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 PM

It really depends on your goals and how much you know about fitness to begin with. If you are a workout rookie that's looking to maximize results in minimal time than a trainer could be very valuable and worth the expense
Old 01-29-2008, 03:57 PM

For most people, a little research on the internet could replace the personal trainer. There are no huge mysteries associated with general fitness training.

Last edited by SageMother; 01-30-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Thanks, I can see how they would be of help to people that are into body building or are looking for a certain amount of progress in a certain amount of time. I am going to see if I can tiptoe around the subject and ask how much they are.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:40 AM

It might be helpful for few but I might not prefer a trainer and rather train myself on my own and don't rely on a trainer. It is more often the cost that I consider and feel it to be more important.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:34 AM

I guess it also depends on what your goals are. If you are say seriously overweight and a lazy person, it might be a good investment to have a trainer who 'kicks your butt' a bit...
Old 02-10-2008, 03:09 AM

I would much rather train on my own than with a personal trainer. I guess that it's just not for me, the cost seems a bit much for me when I could just look up some workouts on the internet along with instructional videos.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:47 PM

I have not hire the trainer because I already have join the gym which provide the trainer. And I follow its instruction for the exercises and diet regularly. It is comfortable and cheapest for me.