Old 02-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH View Post
I can't remember exactly what happen, but if you cut out carbs completely you are higher risk for some sort of illness.(I really need to research this...)
Anyway. Limited amounts of carbs is the way to go. I have also hear people who did cut carbs craved them so much that when they started to eat carbs again they overeat a lot.
I've heard this about the cravings too, the first two weeks are supposed to be very difficult
Old 02-02-2008, 03:54 AM

I fond this webpage about Atkins diet. It seems like this diet is very dangerous to pregnant women (but who will be crazy enough to be on a diet when pregnant?). It is also scary for everyone else according to this page. It does say though that most people do not manage to stay on the diet long enough to really get any long-term consequences. Personally, I don't think I could live without carbs. I need my bread and potatoes.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH View Post
I can't remember exactly what happen, but if you cut out carbs completely you are higher risk for some sort of illness.(I really need to research this...)
Anyway. Limited amounts of carbs is the way to go. I have also hear people who did cut carbs craved them so much that when they started to eat carbs again they overeat a lot.
Most of the people I know who tried this diet lost weight initially but then gained it right back when they started to eat regularly again.

When I talked to my doctor about weight loss, she told me to think in terms of lifestyle changes I could maintain indefinitely rather than a short term "diet." I might be able to cut carbs for a few weeks, but I could never go without them long term, therefore Atkins isn't for me!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
Sure, we might eat too many carbs, but is that a reason to eliminate them totally? We need to cut down in every aspect of our eating, I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMother View Post
It probably works temporarily but it does carry some serious health risks. Modifying the diet to include carbs would be helpful and I think that may have aleready happened.
i totally agree with you that we need to cut down the every aspect of our eating ...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:05 AM

Well Atkins diet is useful for quick weight loss, I have started this diet since last three weeks so far it is good. I haven't been tired and its work for me.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM

The main vital thing about this diet is, that people can lose considerable amounts of weight, really quite quickly and this can be very motivating.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:16 PM

The Atkins Diet involves restriction of carbohydrates to pass more often the body's metabolism from glucose as fuel to burning stored fat body. This process is called ketosis, begins when insulin levels are low in normal men, insulin is lowest when the levels of glucose .
Old 08-31-2010, 04:52 PM

The Atkins diet, officially known as the Atkins Nutritional Approach, is a diet low in carbohydrates created by Dr. Robert Atkins, a diet he read in the Journal of the American Medical Association and used to solve its own condition overweight.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:32 AM

Probably work but temporarily, it has some serious health risks. Changing your diet to include carbohydrates would be useful and I think maybe already happened.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:48 AM

I tried the Atkins diet and my grandmother and mother have done well. Based on my experience and see and hear about their own feelings, I would say it is not long-term succussful.