Old 02-10-2008, 02:58 AM

Default Urinary Tract Infection

I am wondering if many of others here have experienced UTIs at all. I get them often, usually the will feel better for a couple of days and then come back. How do you prevent them, or cure them?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:26 AM

You should go to the doctor and get antibiotic. When its all clear. Try to 'dab' rather then wipe after you have been to toilet. Also try to wear cotton underwear which is a bit lose fitting. Make sure to go to toilet often (holding it in can make it worse) and lastly don't let that "area" get very cold. I remember getting UTI a lot as a child during winter time because I spent so much time playing outside in the snow.

Good luck

Last edited by MrsH; 02-11-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Also, drinking cranberry juice is supposed to help too, I can't vouch for it as I don't actually like cranberry juice!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:06 PM

Thanks so much for the advice. I did not know that the cold had that much of an effect. I do a lot of sitting, so I thought maybe that contributes as well, but I'm not sure.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:45 PM

Also make sure you wipe front to back. I have heard that not doing this can cause UTI's quite a bit. I used to get them quite a bit when I was younger but for some reason not as much anymore. Thank goodness.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 AM

I suggest going to a doctor to find out what the UTI is. It could be chlamydia. Whatever the bacteria is, if it returns then you probably need to smack it around with some big guns! LOL
Old 02-11-2008, 06:17 AM

I maybe experience this once a year if there happens to be a dramatic change in my system. I drink a lot of cranberry juice so this helps with preventing this from occurring.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 AM

Normally, urine is sterile. It is usually free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi but does contain fluids, salts, and waste products. An infection occurs when tiny organisms, usually bacteria from the digestive tract, cling to the opening of the urethra and begin to multiply.A urinary tract infection is an infection that begins in your urinary system.