NutriQuiz Forums

NutriQuiz Forums (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strength Training & Building Muscle (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   bored with bone building (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168)

Lyndsey 02-02-2008 04:15 AM

bored with bone building

I am lactose intolerant and have small bones, so I want a workout that will protect me from getting osteoporosis. However, I get really bored lifting weights. Any other suggestions?

tater03 02-03-2008 02:05 AM

Have you tried maybe running with ankle weights? I am not to sure though what will actually build the bones up. I would love some ideas also because this runs in my family.

Lyndsey 02-03-2008 03:20 AM

I have heard you have to be careful with ankle weights because it can put a strain on your lower back. I have tried some weight bearing poses in yoga, but I am not sure that this is enough resistance training.

MrsH 02-03-2008 10:43 AM

isnt there any supplements you can take as lactose intolerant? I know it is pretty common to suffer from this so I'm sure there has to be something to help you. Maybe you should have a talk with your doctor.

ammulu 02-05-2008 05:22 PM

I think you can get certain supplements if you consult a doctor specially for lactose intolerant. Exercises and perfect diet would be really helpful to improve your bones. Certain lifestyle changes can also result in bone building.

debrajean 02-06-2008 10:20 PM

Maybe you could try elastic bands for a different kind of workout or any number of different things there are out there. You don't really need to be limited by weights when there are so many other things out there.

shane90 06-23-2010 05:52 AM

if you are bored form it then you have to leave it for couple of days and after some rest you will be fresh and cool then you can do it again...

jamesrayenz 07-15-2010 05:57 AM

A lifelong exercise and healthy nutrition while you still developing osteoporosis later in life will reduce your risk youth commitment beginning. Bone formation, while proper nutrition and exercise are important during the years, it is less important as you grow up. It is necessary to take some vitamins and a supplement for bone health can increase your intake of important minerals.

zoltanblaze 09-21-2010 06:53 AM

Weight bearing exercises help strengthen against bone loss, build dense bones and guards. Weight bearing exercise which those muscles to work against gravity to move the body needs. Exercise can help prevent osteoporosis walking, jogging, walking, stair climbing, including rope jumping, skiing, aerobic dancing, tennis or volleyball games, such as to cause and effect. Women who are older, have not been active for a while, such as heart disease or other medical (problems) before beginning an exercise program should talk to your doctor.

ronnyjack9 11-14-2010 06:57 AM

Calcium strong, healthy bones and maintain bone loss is essential to prevent. Young women to help build bone while studies have shown that calcium can help post-menopausal bone loss and bone women.The - Building Solutions fractures Sam Graci, Dr. Carolyn DeMarco risks by low calcium is up to, and Dr. Leticia Rao Wiley. 2006; 392 pages for Helen Meurer reviewed by some authors as Sam Graci has the power to influence their audience as readily.