NutriQuiz Forums

NutriQuiz Forums (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/index.php)
-   Organic Foods & Home Gardening (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   organic pet food (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174)

Lyndsey 02-09-2008 03:13 PM

organic pet food

My little cat has a very sensitive stomach - irritable bowel syndrome, in fact -so I have her on a strict, selective feeding plan. I was wondering how many of you feed your pets organic pet food and what brands do you like? Do any of you cook for your pets?

tater03 02-09-2008 11:48 PM

I was totally unaware that there was even organic pet food for animals. Do you have a certain brand you feed your cat now? I will have to check into this. Usually when I buy pet food I am in and out in that area so don't really see all the new stuff that might be out.

Jewel 02-10-2008 02:52 AM

I don't necessarily buy organic food for my cat, but he does get crystals and stones in his bladder, blocking all urine from exiting the body easily, so I have to put him on a special diet that the vet has prepared for him.

Lyndsey 02-10-2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tater03 (Post 593)
I was totally unaware that there was even organic pet food for animals. Do you have a certain brand you feed your cat now? I will have to check into this. Usually when I buy pet food I am in and out in that area so don't really see all the new stuff that might be out.

Wellness wet food has many grain-free flavours, as does Natural Balance and Prairie Naturals. I think Prairie may have changed its name recently, so I'll have to double check. I would like grain-free anyway even if my cat didn't have problems because of the melamine scare (found in the wheat gluten part of the food)of last year.

tater03 02-10-2008 11:49 PM

Thank you so much. I will have to check into these. I think that these would be better for my cat all around. Are they a lot more expensive?

SageMother 02-11-2008 01:17 AM

When I had cats I fed them Iams. It was great for their coats and they seemed to do better than other cats. I don't know it Iams is organic, but it was worth the extra expense.

fiona 02-11-2008 06:28 AM

I will have to check into that. I have an old cat and he is suffers with a lot of furball problems and I usually put a little olive oil in his food and that helps ease some of those problems. However, if there is anything more, I am always on the lookout.

johnthms72 07-15-2010 05:34 AM

Researchers found the environmental impact of organic pesticides can be worse compared to synthetic pesticides, because organic pesticides often require larger doses.Flint River Ranch provides the highest quality pet food for your dogs and cats.We use only Human Quality ingredients.

Indyartist 09-30-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyndsey (Post 592)
My little cat has a very sensitive stomach - irritable bowel syndrome, in fact -so I have her on a strict, selective feeding plan. I was wondering how many of you feed your pets organic pet food and what brands do you like? Do any of you cook for your pets?

My dog has a similar problem. I haven't had to resort of organic food. I've found out from a fellow teacher at Sunday School that Rice and Chicken based food will do the trick. I would try that first.

conroyward 11-24-2010 04:49 AM

I am one of those nuttrious, I am gradually shifting from my diet to something much more natural to take my diet during the night of the dog. Department of Agriculture found that the difference between organic food and sales, as it is produced and processed, not for their nutritional content, generally I am still use California Natural now, when at times the power of something homemade rice of porridge.