NutriQuiz Forums

NutriQuiz Forums (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strength Training & Building Muscle (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favorite exercise (http://www.nutriquiz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135)

baldmonkee 01-11-2008 10:37 PM

Favorite exercise

My personal favorite exercise for building strength is the deadlift, I try to implement it into my workout twice a week. What are everyone elses favorites?

Lyndsey 01-19-2008 09:26 PM

I love the yoga poses that require you to support some of your own body weight - no equipment needed, so it can be used when you travel, and I find concentrating on holding a pose less boring than repeating one over and over.

emsy99 01-22-2008 07:29 AM

My current favourite is bouncing on my rebounder. Admittedly the novelty may wear off as I have only had it for a few weeks, but it seems good for building up muscles in my legs and is also a great cardio workout!

baldmonkee 01-22-2008 01:13 PM

A rebounder huh? I never used one personally but it's sounds like that could be some fun

Liza 01-22-2008 06:25 PM

I can't say my favourite exercise is real excercise, but I love to dance (you know the kind of mad things you do only when no one is seeing you). Work up quite a bit of sweat there.:)

baldmonkee 01-23-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liza (Post 321)
I can't say my favourite exercise is real excercise, but I love to dance (you know the kind of mad things you do only when no one is seeing you). Work up quite a bit of sweat there.:)

I would certainly clasify dancing as exercise. Anything you do that gets the blood pumping and burn calories should be considered exercise

tater03 01-23-2008 11:14 PM

I think dancing is a great way to get exercise. Not only that but it is fun. I know that me and my youngest son dance around off and on during the day. He loves to dance.

baldmonkee 01-26-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tater03 (Post 338)
I think dancing is a great way to get exercise. Not only that but it is fun. I know that me and my youngest son dance around off and on during the day. He loves to dance.

That's true, it's a great way to be active with your children as well. Much better for them thatn TV and computer games all day

Lyndsey 01-28-2008 02:40 AM

Even belly dancing is good exercise. People are often surprised at their breathlessness at the end of a session, and you work some muscles that you probably weren't even aware of because certain steps make you isolate one area at a time.

fiona 01-28-2008 06:35 AM

My favourite exercises to do are Yoga, Pilates which I am able to do anywhere that I like. With Yoga I am also able to do relaxation techniques to help me stay focused, centered and keep my stress low. I also love to dance and it is fun as well.

baldmonkee 01-29-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiona (Post 424)
My favourite exercises to do are Yoga, Pilates which I am able to do anywhere that I like. With Yoga I am also able to do relaxation techniques to help me stay focused, centered and keep my stress low. I also love to dance and it is fun as well.

There's a class at the gym that my wife goes to that's a combination of yoga and pilates, she really loves it

debrajean 02-06-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiona (Post 424)

I'm finding I really enjoy yoga and pilates as well. The stretches and poses really seem to help out with my tense muscles and I feel more relaxed after doing them. Although I don't feel as though I've gotten as good a workout as opposed to lifting weights or running.

Jewel 02-10-2008 03:10 AM

I love to do abdominal exercises. I hear that crunches are not as effecive as they were once thought to be, but I love to do them. Push ups are surprisingly another one of my favorites.

fiona 02-11-2008 05:45 AM

I am not able to lift weights and such due to a pain condition that I have so the Yoga and Pilates have been really helpful to strengthening me and I do not have the intense pain after each workout. I do some minimal strength training, and low number weight lifting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by debrajean (Post 564)
I'm finding I really enjoy yoga and pilates as well. The stretches and poses really seem to help out with my tense muscles and I feel more relaxed after doing them. Although I don't feel as though I've gotten as good a workout as opposed to lifting weights or running.

harrywatson66 05-25-2010 09:59 AM

Well my favorite exercises is my Zumba party. It really works I have lost 96 pounds in 15 months with zumba. I weighted 226 pounds when I started Zumba. I loved it so much I am now a zumba instructor. I do not watch what I eat! I has changed my life.

rifyraina 06-29-2010 07:28 AM

yoga clothing

Hi,
My favorite exercise to do are
Yoga
Squats
Pushups
Pullups & Chinups

melvillebutler 08-05-2010 09:21 AM

I have all the equipments of the gym. I am still follow the push up , sit up , running , yoga. Although mine favorites. I hope that I will start weight lifting as well .

jackjollyy 09-27-2010 06:38 AM

Exercise is good for our health, My favourite exercise is yoga, Yoga is the best for maintain our body and and there are lots of benefits, this is my personal experiences, It will give us flexible body.

richardaliden 10-11-2010 10:53 AM

Hello,
Walking is my favorite exercise, walking for days over an hour, or listen to music or just feel better after both the body and mind. and Its great help to me this exercise.

albertamosh 10-12-2010 06:13 AM

My favourite Exercise that i like to dot it:->
1)Walking,
2)Cycling,
3)Swimming,
4)Yoga and Medication,
5)Push up......

laxairporthotels 10-27-2010 01:40 PM

I can not lift weights and as a result of a pain condition I have so yoga and Pilates have been of great help to me to strengthen and I have no pain after each workout. I do strength training and a low minimum number of weight lifting.

stefanflemings 10-28-2010 07:31 AM

These in turn are using materials that stretch so that they do not constrict your movements are made. They are made of lightweight materials and are figure hugging, so that it moves with your body.

lisabrown01 11-03-2010 11:36 AM

Well, favourite exercise is yoga. Yoga increasing levels of oxygen in the body. It is also an important factor in weight loss. The higher your aerobic power, all cells in the body, including fat cells have an increased rate of oxygen. This will cause the oxidation of fat cells they burn. You can use yoga techniques, continuous, deep breathing throughout the day.It strengthens the heart, brain, muscles, nerves, and increases vitality.

elisedavis 11-09-2010 05:37 AM

Aerobics is my favourite Exercise. The whole process of aerobic exercise is intended to displace the oxygen in the body more efficiently to muscles, organs and cells receive the vital oxygen they need to function. This exercise regimens not only feel healthier, but these exercises serve to tone the body. Aerobics should be done frequently to reap the benefits of this exercise, and recommends that users of aerobics to improve their health in a uniform manner.

rusty_theron11 11-14-2010 10:03 AM

My favorite body building Exercise is Chest and Your??
:D

barry.marksman 11-29-2010 05:09 PM

My favourite exercise is sports.I am doing sports for exercise.When i do sports than i feel good and fresh after doing the exercise.i am doing this in morning and evening because that both time are suitable for health and exercise also.Now my body become good and healthy.

marcellusmurphy 11-30-2010 09:05 AM

My favorite exercises to do are Yoga, Pilates which I am able to do anywhere that I like. With Yoga I am also able to do relaxation techniques to help me stay focused, centered and keep my stress low. I also love to dance and it is fun as well.

Ben_Swann77 12-07-2010 05:49 AM

My favorite exercise are:
1.Chest
2.Shoulder
3.Walking
4.Swimming
5.Cycling

Mitchell_Symonds66 12-22-2010 09:30 AM

My favorite exercise is Walking and Cycling.
I really enjoy walking and cycling in the early morning.

lav.katherine 12-28-2011 02:36 AM

My favorite exercises are push-up and Bench fly.

Epsilon 12-31-2011 06:22 AM

I like three exercises which I think the best to lose weight and to live a healthy life. here they are
1. Swimming
2. Running
3. Yoga

lav.katherine 07-05-2012 09:51 AM

hi

I don't know which exercise is best but i love the exercise in which i lay down and then pick up my foots to reduce my belly. more i like to do to site and then bend my upper position toward my knees. this help me reduce my thigh. :)

Yoshimoto 12-07-2017 03:42 PM

My favorite exercise is the almighty squat. I just feel awesome after a good squat session. It feels like every inch of my body was engaged.